Kwara Govt Reaffirms Commitment to Rescue Woro Kidnap Victims
The Kwara State Government has reaffirmed its commitment to rescuing victims abducted during the February 3 attack on Woro community in Kaima Local Government Area of the state.
The Commissioner for Communications, Bolanle Olukoju, made this known in a statement issued in Ilorin on Saturday.
She expressed concern over a disturbing video allegedly released by terrorists, which reportedly shows some of the victims taken during the attack.
Olukoju said government officials are working closely with security agencies and relevant stakeholders to analyse the footage and verify the identities of those seen in the video.
"The Kwara Government is deeply concerned. Our thoughts are with the affected families, and we reaffirm our commitment to securing the safe return of all victims.
"We acknowledge the anxiety this footage may cause. Security agencies are carefully analysing the video to establish the identities of those shown," she said.
She noted that conflicting accounts had emerged regarding the number of persons abducted during the incident, explaining that neither the state government nor security agencies had announced a definitive figure.
According to her, the government's immediate priority remains the safe rescue of all affected residents and ensuring that those responsible are brought to justice.
Olukoju disclosed that the government had engaged community leaders in Woro to assist in identifying individuals captured in the footage.
She confirmed that a few of those seen had been identified as residents of Woro, while others were yet to be accounted for.
She added that some individuals initially reported missing had since reunited with their families, while others temporarily relocated to neighbouring communities, including Wawa and New Bussa in Niger State.
The commissioner further stated that the response committee, led by Ahmed Ibn Muhammed, continues to coordinate security operations, humanitarian assistance and efforts to facilitate the safe return of displaced persons.
"We assure the public that verified updates will be provided through proper coordination with security and community leaders.
"We urge residents to remain calm, avoid spreading unverified information and continue cooperating with authorities," Olukoju said.
Cloud Tag: What's trending
Click on a word/phrase to read more about it.
Hijaab Oke-opin Yunus Lawal College Of Arabic And Islamic Legal Studies New Model Police Station MATTA Girls Foundation Press Release National Information Technology Development Agency Ebola Alabere Bolakale Saka Samuel Adaramola Idris Garuba Yahaya Abdulkareem Babaita Saba Mamman Daniel Niyi Osundare Olokoba Sulyman Rafiu Olasile Dumagi International Public Sector Accounting Standards Unilorin Olusin Of Ijara Isin Kwasu Yomi Ogunsola Albert Ogunsola Iyabo Adewuyi Ilota Christopher Tunji Ayeni Abdulkarim Adisa Awoye Madawaki Sa\'adu Salahu Olupako Of Share Samuel Olusegun Adedayo Undergraduate Bursary Mujtabah Bature Harrison Osauwagboe George Funsho Adebayo Zara Umar ER-KANG Mining Wahab Kunle Shittu Amosa V.O. Abioye IFK Ophthalmological Society Of Nigeria Haliru Dantoro Oba David Oyerinola Adedunmoye Baba Issa Abdulkadri Ahmad Alaiye Adanla-Irese Muslim Media Watch Group Of Nigeria Ayo Opadokun Hassan A. Saliu KWASEIC National Union Of Road Transport Workers Isiaka AbdulRazaq Oasis Muslim Care Foundation Abubakar Atiku Ile Arugbo Isiaq Khadeejah Aro Yahaya Muhammad Mustapha Suleiman Coalition Of Kwara North Groups Yusuf Olaolu Ali KWASAA Muhammed Aliyu Ibrahim Abikan Pakata Osuwa Bamidele Adegoke Suleiman Yahya Alapansapa Ajike People Support Centre Garba Ado Sanni TIIDELab Ahmed Bayero Ilorin West Bukola Saraki

