Job Vacancy at ARMTI
The Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI), a parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), was established in 1980 to develop the human resources needs of the Agricultural Development Programmes (ADPs) across the nation. Over time the Institute has been developing capacity in all areas of agriculture and rural development for public, private and non-governmental organizations. The Federal Government of Nigeria is currently embarking on a vibrant transformation of its agricultural •sector with a sharp focus on agribusiness development, commercialization of Agriculture, to drive food security and promote growth and job creation, The core strategy is to drive agriculture as a business rather than being considered as a development programme. Against this backdrop, an aggressive capacity building programme will be implemented through ARMTI to develop the human resources needed by the ongoing Agricultural Transformation Agenda (ATA) being implemented at the Federal, State and Local Government levels. Consequently, the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, is desirous of engaging a suitably qualified, young, purposeful, vibrant, selfless and dedicated Executive Director/Chief Executive for the Institute.
Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Executive Director/Chief Executive
Location: Kwara State
The Executive Director/Chief Executive will be required to:
- Transform ARMTI into a worid-class Agricultural and Rural Management Institute, and drive institutional reforms to generate significant resources forthe Institute;
- Advise the Governing Board of the Institute on matters relating to management, training, research and consultancy in the Agricultural and. Rural sectors of the economy;
- Design and execute appropriate training programs, research and consultancies;
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of the Institute;
- Liaise with national, international organizations and institutions in the area of Agriculture and rural management training, research and consultancy;
- Ensure that the quality and standard of training, research and consultancy provided meet clients' needs;
- Coordinate agricultural management training and contribute to the agricultural transformation policies of the Federal Government of Nigeria;
- Convene and host periodic meetings and workshops with the staff of the Institute on appropriate way of improving the training needs of relevant cadres in Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of Agriculture;
- Ensure timely delivery of quality capacity building to the agricultural stakeholders and professionals in the sector and deliver semi-annual reports, financial statements, audit reports to the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Organize impact evaluation, beneficiary assessment of the training and capacity building of the various trainings of the Institute towards the attainment of the Agricultural Transformation Agenda (ATA) and;
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Governing Board.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- The candidate must possess a minimum qualification of a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in social sciences, agricultural economics or management sciences from a recognized University, with at least fifteen (15) years past doctorate working experience.
- He/she must have relevant experience in planning and conducting management training programmes, research and consultancy in the agriculture sector.
- The candidate is also expected to demonstrate leadership qualities and be able to develop effective working relationships with professional, and carry subordinates along.
- A strategic planner, able to reposition the Institute for greater performance, based on demonstrated experience in transforming institutions.
- Must have excellent human resource management capacity.
- Demonstrated capacity to mobilize resources and develop effective strategic partnerships.
- Evidence of strong scholarly publications.
- Show evidence(s) of having worked in similar institutions and details of accomplishments with relevant deliverables for capacity building, resource mobilization, research and consultancies in Agriculture, other related fields.
Application Closing Date
8th September, 2014
Interested candidates should send in ten (10) soft and hard copies of application and curriculum vitae(CV) detailing their experience in management training, research and consultancy in the agricultural and rural sector. The application should be accompanied with photocopies of credentials and addresses of three (3) referees and request the referees to forward their references to the FMARD, Abuja.
All application should be addressed to:
The Honourable Minister,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
Attention: Director, Human Resources Management
Cloud Tag: What's trending
Click on a word/phrase to read more about it.
Ajia-Bako Kwasu Dauda Adeniran Adeshola VADA Kale Bayero Alaro COEASU John Olajide Adedipe Yusuf Abdulkadir Babs Iwarere Kwara State Football Association Mustapha Akanbi Abdulganiyu Oladosu Alfa Modibo Belgore Eghe Igbinehi Danhawa Raji AbdulRasaq Dankaka Ibrahim Jawondo Bola Iyabo Ibiyeye Adisa Bilikisu Gambari Kolawole Bashirat Shehu Alimi Foundation For Peace And Development Abubakar Baba Isiaka Yusuf Jimoh Saadudeen Muhammed Isau AbdulRazaq Jiddah Adaramaja Emir Of Ilorin Saidu Kawu Road Transport Employers Association Of Nigeria Joshua Adeyemi Adimula Oniwa IEDPU Kabir Shagaya Salihu Yahaya Ayobami Seriki Turaki Of Ilorin Jimoh Bashir Kwara TV Quranic Recitation Competition Alliance For Democracy Nigerian Army Abdulmumini Jawondo KWATMA Garuba Alikinla Shittu COVID-19 Palliatives Magaji Erubu Abubakar Baba Sulaiman Tayo Alao Kwara Metro Park Doyin Group Oko-Erin Belgore Ejidongari Noah Yusuf Gobirawa Shettima Jebba Apaola Igosun Emmanuel Bello Charcoal Guber Aspirant Ahmed Mohammed Rifun ANCOPPS Oba-Solagberu Aremu Bose Deborah Na\'Allah Mahee Abdulkadir Chief Of Staff Sa\'adu Salau Folorunsho Alao Funmilayo Isiaka Oniwa Ado Bayero March 28